was established in November 1947 and was
located in Beirut, Lebanon. Our company's production was primarily
of local stone with limited production of marble and granite.
In 1971, a decision was
made to increase production and to improve technology in the marble
industry. Consequently, the factory was transferred outside of
Beirut to the
Araya-Chouiet region covering an area of 16,000 square metres. The
move offered the benefit of increasing work space and working hours.
In 1981 production was
doubled. The production area was increased to 27,000 square metres and
new equipment (gang-saws and polishing
lines) of the latest technology in the field of cutting and polishing
blocks of marble and granite were added.
At the beginning of
1993, we increased our sawing capacity by purchasing 2 new gang-saws for
marble that enabled us to produce around 10,000 m2
of marble slabs and 4,500 m2 of
granite slabs per month.
At the beginning of 1997, CITCO
installed new computerized machines using the latest technology in
cutting marble and granite by water pressure and new machinery to
manufacture rustic-style marble and stone.
Recently, in 2000, CITCO
added an automated line for the production of marble and stone tiles
which produces industry standard sizes.
Today, CITCO is
considered one of the leading companies in Lebanon and the Middle East
working in the field of marble and granite.